Without question one of the determining factors for many households prospecting for a new home is in regards to the proximity to coffee shops, cafes, and other eateries that suit the palate. Thankfully, our quaint community here on the southeast corner of Edmonton is ripe with great dining. As a representative of Millwoods real estate I take it upon myself not only to recommended homes in Millwoods and Woodvale but to inform those moving to the area for the first time about the activities, attractions, events, and yes - dining. For today's list (more to come in the future!) I thought I'd zero in on the popular comfort food spots around town.
5 Comfort Food Recommendations in Millwoods Alberta
1. Coffee @ Silver Cup Bistro (103, 2551 Hewes Way) - Tim Hortons fans need not worry, there is indeed a Tim's in Millwood (isn't there in every Canadian neighborhood?) but for those interested in a more complete coffee shop experience where you can open a book, a laptop, or start conversation with accompanying friends while enjoying an espresso, then Silver Cup Bistro is your place.
2. Pizza @ Millhurst Pizza & Family Buffet (6023 Millwoods Road South) - While Millhurst Pizza boasts a delicious and decadent 20 item (sometimes more) buffet they get top marks for their pizza. Not only do the slices deliver in taste, it's the whole family gathering atmosphere at Millhurst that makes it so good - exactly the way pizza is meant to be enjoyed.
3. Chicken @ Mary Brown's Famous Chicken & Taters (4004 50th Street) - Forget about KFC when in Millwoods, the name says it all at Mary Brown's. You'd more expect to find an fast food eatery like this in the Southern U.S. and thus it's a pleasant surprise for those moving to Millwoods that come packing an appetite for comfort food. In addition to the fried chicken, you must try the Hot Pulled Chicken Sandwich - smothered in gravy!
4. Fish & Chips @ Pan's Fish & Chips (6530 28th Avenue) - Those with a hankering for food caught near anchor will flock to 28th Avenue. We may be far from the ocean here in Millwoods but you'll swear you caught the scent of sweet salt water when indulging in the crispy, fluffy, and flavorful fish & chips at Pan's. Another highlight? All the tarter sauce you want!
5. Steak @ BBQ House (6111 28th Avenue) - No comfort food based list could be complete without mention of beef, especially the BBQ'd variety (this is Alberta after all). A trip to BBQ House will not disappoint.
I hope you found this list helpful. It certainly was a fun one to compile. If you are moving to the Millwoods area anytime soon please do not hesitate to contact my Millwoods real estate office today. I'd be happy to discuss your interests in a new home, perhaps over a bite at any one of the above.